Nécropole nationale de Dieue. © Guillaume Pichard
Dieue National Cemetery holds the remains of soldiers who died for France during the battles for the Hauts de Meuse between 1914 and 1918. Established in 1914, this cemetery holds the remains of soldiers who served in the medical units based in this village. In 1922, the site was reorganised and, up until 1927, mortal remains exhumed from neighbouring villages (Ailly-sur-Meuse, Dugny-sur-Meuse, les Eparges, Haudainville, Maizey, Mouilly, Ranzières, Vacherauville and Vaux-les-Palameix) were re-buried here. Covering 2,025 sqm, over 300 French soldiers are buried in individual graves in this cemetery.