Verberie National Cemetery
Nécropole nationale de Verberie. © Guillaume Pichard
Pour accéder au panneau d'information de la nécropole, cliquer ici
The Verberie National Cemetery holds the bodies of soldiers who died for France during battle in the Oise department.
Built in 1918, this cemetery was developed from 1921 to 1934 to include bodies exhumed from temporary cemeteries in the department and again from 1941 to 1951 to rebury the bodies of soldiers who died during WWII. Nearly 2,600 bodies are buried there, including over 2,500 French soldiers in two ossuaries. In WWI, 56 British soldiers were buried there and in WWII, 41 French soldiers were buried in individual graves.
À 15 km au sud-ouest de Compiègne Rue des Moulins (à côté du cimetière communal de Verberie)
Visites libres toute l’année
Comité Départemental du Tourisme de l'Oise
Rue du Pont de Paris - 60008 Beauvais Cedex
Tél. 03 44 45 82 12