Cuts National Military Cemetery
La nécropole nationale de Cuts. © Guillaume Pichard
Pour accéder au panneau d'information de la nécropole, cliquer ici
Cuts National Military Cemetery holds the remains of soldiers who died for France during the various battles in Oise between 1914 and 1918. Created at the end of the war, this cemetery was expanded in 1920 and 1922 to take the bodies of other soldiers exhumed from various temporary cemeteries in the Oise department. Cuts National Military Cemetery contains the bodies of 3,307 French soldiers, 1,537 of them laid to rest in individual graves. Two ossuaries hold the mortal remains of 1,770 soldiers.
Ten French soldiers who died during the Battle of France in June 1940 and one Russian were also laid to rest at Cuts National Military Cemetery.
At the entrance to the village, the La Pommeraye calvary monument commemorates the fighting in 1914 and the destruction in 1917. Nearby there is a monument paying tribute to the Somalis who died for France at Douaumont in 1916, Chemin des Dames in 1917, La Malmaison in 1917, Mont de Choisy in 1918, Longpont in 1918 and Pointe de Grave in 1945.
À 27 km au nord-est de Compiègne, en bordure du CD 934 (Noyon/Soissons)
Visites libres toute l’année
Comité départemental du Tourisme de l'Oise
Rue du Pont de Paris
60008 Beauvais Cedex
Tél. : 03 44 45 82 12
- The national necropolis of Noyon
- Thiescourt National Military Cemetery
- Tracy-le-Mont National Military Cemetery
- The Vic-sur-Aisne National Cemetery
- Beuvraignes French national war cemetery
- Vignemont National Military Cemetery
- Rémy National Military Cemetery
- The national necropolis of Villers-Cotterêts