Marbotte National Cemetery
Nécropole nationale de Marbotte. © ECPAD
Pour accéder au panneau d'information de la nécropole, cliquer ici
Marbotte National Cemetery is the resting place of French soldiers who fell on the Hauts-de-Meuse battlefields between 1914 and 1918.
Built in 1922, the cemetery was reorganised in 1922, 1934 and 1936 to accommodate the remains of soldiers who had died in this area and whose bodies were exhumed from the military cemeteries of Mécrin, Heudicourt, Saint-Aignant, Sampigny, and from several other cemeteries in Marbotte. In 1962, the cemetery was entirely renovated. The remains of 2,652 French soldiers are buried there, including 388 in the ossuary, together with four Russian soldiers who fell between 1914 and 1918.
Apremont-la-Forêt - Marbotte
À 45 km au sud-est de Verdun sur la D 12
Visites libres toute l’année
Comité Départemental du Tourisme de la Meuse
Place P –François Gossin - 55012 Bar-le-Duc
Tél : 03 29 45 78 40