The Landrecourt-Lempire national cemetery
La nécropole nationale de Landrecourt-Lempire. © ECPAD
Pour accéder au panneau d'information de la nécropole, cliquer ici
The Landrecourt-Lempire national cemetery brings together the bodies of 1,960 soldiers who died during the Battle of Verdun (February-November 1916). Created in 1916, this cemetery was then developed in 1920. Between 1982 and 1983, the remains of the soldiers who were initially buried at Landrecourt "North" and Froméréville were brought here. Two monuments inside the cemetery are a reminder of the commitment of the regiments of the soldiers buried in this cemetery.
Today in Froméreville-les-Vallons, on the site of the former national cemetery (which was closed in 1983), a monument inaugurated in 1985 bears the epitaph "Eternal glory to those who gave their lives for the sacred cause of Freedom. Froméréville-les-Vallons 1985". The bodies of the soldiers who were initially buried in this cemetery were taken to the cemeteries of Landrecourt-Lempire and Verdun Glorieux.
À 9 km au sud de Verdun, par la D 34, puis la D 163
Visites libres toute l’année
Comité Départemental du Tourisme de la Meuse
33, rue des Grangettes
55012 Bar-le-Duc Cedex
Tél. 03 29 45 78 40